Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
MNsure's Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) offers health insurance coverage that gives small businesses and nonprofit organizations the same clout in the health insurance market that large companies already enjoy.
SHOP offers the following benefits:
- Choice. Select coverage options to meet the needs of your employees and offer health plans from multiple insurance companies.
- Manage your budget with a reference plan. (Unique to SHOP plans.)
- Controlled cost of coverage. Control how much you pay toward employee premiums and possibly qualify for federal tax credits. (These tax credits are not available outside of MNsure.)
- Streamlined administration. One application, one monthly bill and an electronic payment option.
- Customer service with dedicated SHOP support.
As a MNsure SHOP Lead Broker, United Prairie Insurance Agency is certified by MNsure to represent the plans available to you through SHOP. Our Benefit Specialists are trained and licensed to sell insurance plans in Minnesota. Only those who have been trained and certified by MNsure are able to represent those plans available to you through SHOP. United Prairie’s MNsure-certified experts can help you:
- To understand the plans available to you, the coverage they offer, and the costs
- To determine if you qualify for employer tax credits
- To define your roster of employees being offered coverage
- To complete your application(s) on your behalf
- With ongoing support throughout the policy coverage year
The cost of using a broker is built in to the premium tax rates for small group insurance, both in and outside of MNsure. It doesn't cost an employer anything to utilize the services of a broker. The broker will help you to select the best plan(s) for your business – ensuring you're getting the best coverage you can afford for the needs of your employees and your business.
Call 507-233-2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to have one of our certified agents assist you in selecting the right options for your business & employees.